- To provide students with the information and culinary skills necessary to succeed in the rapidly expanding field of food and health.
- To supply students with the knowledge and understanding necessary to make dietary choices that support individual health needs for themselves and their clients.
- To empower students to maximize their creative potential by giving them the tools to develop fulfilling careers in the health-supportive culinary arts.
Location, Location, Location
Our location is among the many reasons to consider the Natural Gourmet Institute (NGI). Studying in New York City means exposure to the most diverse food culture in the world. A multitude of ethnicities are reflected in the staggering variety of restaurants and specialty food shops throughout the five boroughs. Living here means being a part of the excitement of a city that’s famous for setting food trends; where health-consciousness thrives in a stimulating urban environment. The rich culinary heritage of New York provides the perfect complement to our Chef’s Training Program.
Approximately two-thirds of our students come from outside the New York-Metropolitan area. Our admissions department can assist you with suggestions for short-term housing.
Chef’s Training students:
- become proficient in the proper use of kitchen equipment, utensils and procedures
- gain mastery of the basic cooking techniques for a wide variety of health-supportive foods
- develop the ability to identify a broad spectrum of natural ingredients, as well as expertise in their selection and handling
- learn whole grain baking techniques, including the basic principles of baking, as well as converting recipes from traditional to natural and vegan ingredients.
- achieve a general knowledge of the basic principles governing culinary science
- gain an understanding of the fundamentals of human nutrition and the connection between food and wellness
- develop familiarity with numerous approaches to diet and health, along with a thorough comprehension of the criteria for quality food selection
The Natural Gourmet Institute for Health & Culinary Arts is licensed by the New York State Department of Education and accredited by ACCET. The Chef’s Training Program is offered on both a full-time and part-time basis. The focus of this 619-hour program is plant-based and also provides instruction in preparing seafood, as well as organic chicken and organic eggs.
Request a complete curriculum outline along with our informative VIEW BOOK. Contact our Admissions Department at 212-645-5170, ext. 109 or email@example.com
• Meet our Faculty
• Tour the School
• Enjoy a Cooking Demo by one of our Chef-Instructors
We Accept the
POST 9/11 GI BILL!
NGI MILITARY ALLOWANCE
We offer $5,000 to past and
current members of the US Military.
Contact admissions for details