The Best Blender/Food Processor Combo – Consumer Reports for 2022
Are you looking to add a food processor and a blender to your kitchen arsenal? While you may have substituted one for the other in a pinch, it’s worth noting that these common appliances are far from interchangeable. Food processors are better at chopping, folding, mixing, grinding, and shredding. Meanwhile, blenders are made to crank out soups, purees, smoothies, and sauces. While the former is more compatible with dry ingredients, the latter is a better match for liquids. Here are consumer reports for 10 highly desirable blender, food processor combo appliances. We think you’re going to like what you see!
- The Best 3 in 1 Breakfast Station – Consumer Reports
- The Best Grinder for Seeds and Nuts – Buying Guide
- The 10 Best Left-Handed Chef’s Knives of 2022
- The Best Magnetic Spice Jars – Organize Your Kitchen Clutter
- The Best Pie Iron of 2022 – Unbiased Reviews
Ninja BL770 Mega Kitchen System - Best Overall
Topping off our list is Ninja’s BL770 Series Kitchen System. You get a whole lot of bang for your buck with this extensive food processing kit. First up, there’s Ninja’s 72-ounce Total Crushing Pitcher. This accessory blasts through fruits and veggies. Plus, it’s capable of transforming ice cubes into slush in just a matter of seconds.
The set also comes with two 16-ounce Nutri Ninja Cups. Each cup comes with a dedicated to-go lid. You blend directly into the vessels. Then, twist on the cover. These containers are perfect for personalized, nutrient-dense drinks, such as smoothies and protein shakes.
You also receive an 8-cup food processor bowl with two dedicated blades. You can use this accessory to grind meats, combine sauce ingredients, or mix up doughs. Switch to the dough blade, and you can pound out two pounds of cookie or pizza dough in less than 30 seconds. Both the blender and food processor blades are attached to a long shaft. The shafts do an excellent job of pulling in ingredients. Users shouldn’t see any reason to intervene in the process.
The accessories sit on a 1,500-watt motorized base. It has a five-button control bar with four preprogrammed mixing speeds. All of the removable accessories are BPA-free and dishwasher-safe.
- The 1,500-watt motor is powerful enough to churn through most ingredients.
- This is a highly versatile appliance.
- Most dough comes together in no more than 30 seconds
- The Total Crushing Pitcher turns ice into “snow”
- Two Nutri Ninja single-serve cups with to-go lids
- Since the food processor lid does not have a feed tube, it is not well suited for emulsifying.
Ninja SS201 Foodi Power Pitcher
Next up is a slightly more compact offering by Ninja. The Foodi looks like your run-of-the-mill blender. Still, there’s a lot more to this appliance than that which meets the eyes. For instance, it boasts six preset Auto IQ programs. You can use it as a smoothie maker, an ice crusher, a dough mixer, and a food processor. Unlike the previous offer, this blender’s control panel boasts a speed dial and push-buttons.
We love that this blender/food processor doesn’t come with dozens of dedicated accessories. It’s highly versatile but doesn’t create clutter. All of the elements are dishwasher-safe. The kit even comes with a small cleaning brush. You also get a Total Crushing & Chopping Blade, a dough blade, and a recipe inspiration guide book with your purchase.
The Foodi’s 1,400-watt motor is a bit noisy for early morning concoctions. However, we can personally attest that it produces high-quality results. You get ample power with accurately programmed settings. The results are magnificent!
- 72-ounce power pitcher on top of a 1,400-peak-watt motor
- You get total control over the speed of the mixture thanks to six Auto-IQ presets
- This appliance has a super sleek stainless steel finish with black details.
- Lovely control panel with button and knob controls
- You can start slow and ramp up the speed as needed
- Dishwasher-safe and comes with a cleaning brush
- Comes with a book of inspirational recipes
- Noisy, shaky
Cuisinart BFP-650 1 HP Blender/Food Processor
Cuisinart’s Blender/Food Processor unit is yet another reliable countertop kitchen appliance. This device comes with a 56-ounce blender pitcher, a 3-cup food processor, and two single-serve to-go containers. You’ll find that the lids on the smoothie cups to fit tightly, reducing the change of messes and spills. The covers even boast 2-ounce measuring cups. All of the appliance’s removable parts are all made from BPA-free Tristan plastic. They sit on top of a hardworking and resilient 700-watt motorized base.
We love that the food processor boasts a traditional top with a feed tube and a pusher. You can add liquids and solids without having to cope with splatter and spray. The unit includes slicer/shredder and chopper blades. You can cheese, chop salsa ingredients, mix batter, and more.
The appliance is available in gray, silver, and black.
- Comes with a food processor bowl, two two-go cups, a pitcher, and several dedicated blades
- Four blending settings plus a pulse button
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe
- Both food processor and pitcher have dedicated feed holes
- Powerful motor makes quick work of tough ingredients
- Some customers found if challenging to remove the to-go cups from the blender base
Fochea Three-in-One Food Kitchen Mixer System
We’re huge fans of Fochea’s three-in-one kitchen system. This countertop appliance has a sleek, modern design that works well in just about any kitchen. It comes with three dedicated tops, including one for blending, one for chopping and grinding, and one for food processing. The motor offers 700 watts and up to 24,000 rpm of power. With four sharp stainless steel blades at your disposal, you’re sure to get your desired results.
We love that this device comes with a mini mixing container. Users can use it to whip up pint-sized smoothies and margaritas. The cup comes with an easy-to-carry lid. It’s perfect for all sorts of personalized drinks.
The food processor also functions exceptionally well. The unit’s three blades are capable of chopping, grinding, and mixing. Its wide-mouthed feed chute enables users to add ingredients while the motor is still running. It’s worth noting that all of the removable accessories are dishwasher-safe. The motorized stand, which boasts a single rubber button, is also easy to wipe down.
- Comes with three dedicated tops, including one for food processing, one for blending, and one for chopping
- Modern design consisting of black plastic and stainless steel plating
- Perfect for small households
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Motor is powerful enough to churn through tough ingredients, including hard vegetables and meat
- Not suitable for bulk output
Utalent Five-in-One Speed Stick - Best for Little Kitchens
We’re confident that Utalent’s Five-in-One Speed Stick will completely change the way you feel about immersion blenders. This dynamic set includes a four-blade mixing wand, a milk frother, a 500-milliliter food chopper, a 600-milliliter beaker, and an egg whisker. We adore this appliance’s one-of-a-kind milky green aesthetic. If anything, you’re going to look good while you’re mixing up your favorite smoothies, salsas, and spreads.
The Utalent is also quite the workhorse. It houses a 250-watt motor and a four-blade mixing system. You’re free to work with just about any ingredient. The Utalent finishes each job quickly and effectively. Smoothies are smooth as silk. Moreover, your milk is as frothy as a cloud. If issues do occur, you’re likely to settle them before the product’s two-year warranty is up.
The accessories are BPA-free and super easy to clean. While you can’t pop them in the dishwasher, food particles slide right off with the help of warm water. We recommend this adorable little appliance to anyone with limited space and limited funds.
- The 250-watt motor enables you to power through a wide range of ingredients
- Eight speeds plus a turbo setting for milkshakes, soups, and baby food
- Easy to clean stainless steel and BPA-free plastic elements
- Users can switch between two precise power settings
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- The unit shakes sometimes.
Braun Multiquick Hand Blender
While Braun may be more well-known as a razor manufacturer, this company also makes a line of popular kitchen appliances. This handheld mixing device will help you achieve a wide range of food prep feats. The 350-watt motor is capable of pulverizing even the most stubborn ingredients. The set includes a wireless handle, a stainless steel blending shaft, a 20-ounce beaker, a whisk, a masher, and a 2-cup chopper. All of the attachments attach and detach with the click of a button. Many of them are dishwasher-safe.
The Braun mixing wand is yet another space- and money-saving unit. Its soft, ergonomic grip makes it easy to handle. You can attach the beaker or chopper to minimize messes, or you can blend and process right in your favorite mixing bowl.
- Stop batch blending, this handheld blender can be placed directly into the cooking vessel of your choice
- Super durable and easy to clean
- The chopping attachment serves as a small, hardworking food processor
- The stainless steel blade can only be used with the most rugged containers
Oster BLSTVB-103-000 Versa 1100-watt Professional Performance Blender
Oster’s Versa 1100 is a professional-grade blender and food processor. This appliance comes with a complete line of accessories, including two 20-ounce Blend’N Go Cups, a 64-ounce food processor, and a 64-ounce blender jar.
The 1,100-watt motorized base contributes plenty of power. You can toggle through the unit’s preprogrammed settings or toggle the speed using the onboard dial. The Oster even gives users the option to blend in reverse. This sort of counter motion helps free up ingredients that are often missed by traditional blenders.
As always, we’re happy to see a food processing unit with a wide-mouthed chute. There are plenty of recipes that call for continuous ingredient incorporation. This design keeps you from having to stop and start. The food processor’s feed tube is tall enough that you shouldn’t have to worry about messy splatter and spray.
Oster has backed this product with a pretty impressive seven-year warranty. You can go ahead and get creative in the kitchen without having to worry about the demise of your appliance.
- Comes with a blender jar, a food processor bowl, and two to-go cups
- The reversing blades do a better job of pulling in tough or frozen foods
- Backed up by a seven-year warranty
- Pre-programmed settings and variable speed dial
- Professional-grade 1,100-watt motor makes quick work of most foods
- Plastic components are susceptible to damage
Cuisinart BFP-703BC Smart Power Duet Blender/Food Processor
Cuisinart BFP-703BC Smart Power Duet Blender/Food Processor is a precise little countertop appliance with two interchangeable tops and a motorized base. The unit has a seven-speed touchpad with LED power indicators. You can pulse, stir, chop, mix, process, and crush your favorite ingredients.
The highlight of this setup is the three-cup food processor attachment. This oversized plastic container comes with a slicing/shredding disc and a chopping blade. Most users find it easy to switch this vessel out for the even large 48-ounce glass blending jar. This vessel’s leakproof lid doubles as a 2-ounce measuring cup. All the removable parts are dishwasher-safe.
Cuisinart is one of the popular budget-range kitchen appliance manufacturers. Their blender/food processor combo gives consumers plenty of bang for their buck.
- Powerful 500-watt motor with overload protection
- Includes a 48-ounce glass blending jar with an ultra-sharp stainless steel blade assembly
- Die-cast metal housing
- 3-cup food processor attachment with feed tube, pusher, slicing/shredding disc, and stainless steel chopping blade
- Seven-speed electronic touchpad with LED indicators
- Removable 2-ounce measuring cup built into the blender jar lid
- Not powerful enough to handle hard vegetables and stringy meats
Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender - Best Upgrade Option
The Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender is a professional-grade appliance that delivers a wide range of textured foods. If there’s any blender that you can trust to chop, mix, and puree with culinary precision, the Vitamix is it. The Explorian has 10 speeds and a pulse setting. The blender’s control panel consists of a speed dial, an on/off switch, and a pulse button. The pulse button help chefs layer chunky chops over smooth purees to make chunky salsas, rustic soups, and other similarly textured foods.
You get a 120-volt motorized base, a 48-ounce pitcher, a mini tamper, and a cookbook with your purchase. The blender’s metal drives and cool-running motor serve as the blender’s unbending backbone. The blades generate enough heat to turn cool foods hot when they are allowed to run for extended periods. However, the internal mechanisms are not capable of overheating. The tamper enables users to pound down ingredients and scrape the sides of the pitcher without stopping the machine.
The Explorian’s aircraft-grade stainless steel blades slice and dice even the most stubborn ingredients. If you’ve got any doubts about the Vitamix, its five-year warranty should be enough to put them at bay. The company promises to cover the entire cost of repairs and replacements. That includes labor, two-way shipping, and parts.
While the Vitamix doesn’t come cheap, it’s a worthwhile investment. You can make everything from bread dough to baby food. Cleanup takes just a few minutes. You can add warm water and soap directly to the pitcher and advert the sink and dishwasher.
- The Vitamix is covered by a comprehensive five-year warranty.
- Includes of custom tamper
- Easy self-cleaning process that takes less than 60 seconds
- Aircraft-grade stainless steel blades
- The blades create enough friction to bring cold ingredients to steaming hot temperatures in no more than 6 minutes
- Laser-cut aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are built to last, no dulling, bending, or shedding
- The pitcher is engineered to help bring ingredients back to the blades (this is called the Vitamix vortex)
Hilax Multi Mixer Machine - Best Budget Pick
Rounding off our list is this lovely compilation by Hilax. While this little-known manufacturer doesn’t get much press time, their affordable and hardworking appliances are most definitely worthy of your attention. This comprehensive food prep set consists of a blender/juicer, chopper, and grinder. All of these functions have been rolled into one sleek black and stainless steel exterior. It’s perfect for individuals with limited storage space.
You get three interchangeable tops with this dainty mixing machine, including a large blending pitcher, a midsized food processing bowl, and a small grinding cup. The set comes with a variety of interchangeable blades. The Hilax has a small storage drawer for the removable blades.
Set the machine to spin at either 14,000 or 18,000 revolutions per minute. Otherwise, use the speed dial and other buttons to dial in your preferred mixing speed.
- Stainless steel and black exterior
- The three-in-one appliance consists of a food chopper, juicer/blender, and mini grinder
- Ideal for individuals with limited space
- Comes with one 50.73-ounce pitcher, one 40.58-ounce processor bowl, and one 16.91-ounce cup
- All parts are BPA-free
- Two speed settings with LED light indicators
- Drawer for blade storage
- All parts are detachable and dishwasher-safe
- Food predecessor struggles to chop through hard vegetables
How to Select the Best Food Processor/Blender Combo
Here’s what you need to consider before you set your eyes on a particular blender/food processor.
You want to be sure that the machine you choose is powerful enough to handle tough jobs, like chopping hard root vegetables, folding dense dough, and crushing ice. A machine’s wattage is usually a good indicator of its power potential. One-hundred watts of power is sufficient for a handheld blender/food processor. Meanwhile, countertop blenders should offer upwards of 500 watts. The blade and motor parts need to be durable enough to withstand the kind of work you’ll be performing.
Be sure to take a good look at the attachments included with an appliance. Blender/food processor combos vary dramatically in their capacity. Typical functions include blending, chopping, grinding, folding, slicing, grating, and juicing. Many appliances include several removable accessories. In the least, you’re going to want a pitcher for blending and a bowl for food processing. Many sets also come with small chopping accessories and interchangeable blades.
Most of us have either seen or experienced the results of an over-stuffed food processor. Be sure to think about how you plan to use your appliance. You’ve got your choice of single-serving bullet blenders, handheld immersion sticks, and multi-cup countertop blending devices. Will you be serving up solo plates or family-sized offerings?
Consumers have several options when it comes to controls. We’ve come across blenders/food processors with all sorts of touch screens, buttons, and knobs. Most have several preprogrammed settings for ordinary food processing tasks, such as crushing ice, pureeing, and chopping. It’s up to you to determine which setup feels right. Ask yourself if the settings are easy to navigate.
If you’ve ever injured yourself trying to clean beneath a blender blade, then you already know where we are going with this guidepost. A blender or food processor with mostly dishwasher-safe components is going to keep you from slipping your precious fingers into precarious places. Easy-to-clean appliances are also much more likely to get used.
This one is up to you! Choose an appliance that will blend into your kitchen. Most people leave their blender’s motorized base out in the open. Black, white, and even stainless steel appliances tend to mesh well with most aesthetics. You’ve got plenty of wild color options to choose from too!
We hope you enjoyed our rundown of the top blender food processor combos of 2022. Topping off our list was our favorite, the Ninja BL770 Mega Kitchen System. The Ninja is a comprehensive kitchen mixing system that comes with a blending pitcher, a food processor, and a mini chopper. Its motor is powerful enough to handle even the toughest ingredients. It has a generous capacity. For the most part, it lives up to all the manufacturer’s promises. What draws you to blender/food processor combos? Let us know in the comment section below.