The Best Chocolate Tempering Machine – Consumer Reports for 2022
If you’re a chocoholic, you’re going to want to stay tuned for this next food product review. Chocolate tempering machines make it easy for anyone to turn their kitchen into a DIY confection shop. It doesn’t matter if you’re churning out chocolate-dipped fruits or homemade truffles. We’ve brought you 10 melting and tempering machines that will have your house smelling like a chocolate factory.
- The Best Electric Wine Bottle Opener – Consumer Reports for 2022
- The Best Manual Crank Dough Sheeter – Consumer Reports for 2022
- The Best Double Induction Cooktop – Consumer Reports for 2022
- The Best Electric Wok – Consumer Reports for 2022
- The Best Ice Cream Maker – Consumer Reports for 2022
Normal Chocolate Machine
The Normal Chocolate Machine boasts side-by-side melting pots. While the melting pots boast programable temperature control, the tempering machine makes accurate, automatic adjustments to ensure that your chocolate is never burnt. You can tinker with the onboard thermostat whenever you want to use the Chocolate Machine for something other than chocolate. This model is super popular with crafters, as it is the perfect size and temperature for homemade soaps and candles.
This is an excellent pick for a DIY chocolate-making setup. It pumps out 80 watts of power while offering plenty of energy-saving features. Together, the melting pots can hold 4.4 pounds of chocolate. The nonstick aluminum pots sit inside durable stainless steel housing. Each pot has a long, stay-cool handle for easier pouring. The pots come with look-as-you-cook tempered glass lids. Each lid has a bulbous knob for easier lifting.
The Chocolate Machine’s simple, timeless design makes it one of the best chocolate melting machines on the market. This unit can hold up to intense, repeated use without showing any weaknesses. Since it does not use water to heat the chocolate, you don’t have to worry about the impact of water vapor.
- 80 watts made accessible through two onboard thermostats
- Dual, side-by-side melting pots
- Also suitable for making homemade candles and soaps
- Offers a combined 4.4-pound capacity
- Light-up power switch and safety socket
- Tempered glass lids with stay-cool grips
- The vessels lift out of the heated base for easy pouring and cleaning
- Dial in your preferred temperature for each of the independent chocolate tempering vessels
- No spouts on the sides of the melting pots (makes for messy, drippy pouring)
ChocoVision REV 2 Chocolate Tempering Machine - Best Upgrade Option
Chocovision is a chocolate tempering machine that perfect for the most serious and professional-minded chocolate makers in the bunch. This hefty countertop appliance is a fully-automatic microprocessor. It uses hot air to turn solid chocolate and other additives into a silky, smooth mass of liquid chocolate. The stainless steel bowl holds 1 pound of food. It boasts a rotating baffle that pops out for easier cleaning.
The Chocvision boasts a hefty lineup of controls that are designed to make your life easier. You can set the machine on standby, pause the baffle, and even adjust the temperature.
- 1-pound capacity
- Manual temperature adjust,emt
- LED display screen
- Standby mode
- Removable bowl and baffle
- Pause the bowl to add ingredients
- Easy to follow instructions are printed alongside the touchpad
- Does not come with a lid
GorillaRock Chocolate Tempering Machine - Best Budget Pick
The GrollaRock Chocolate Melting Pot boasts two independently heated chocolate melting stations. The unit’s powerful heater turns solids into liquid in 10 to 20 minutes. You can melt and warm large quantities of chocolate without having to worry about it burning or succumbing to water vapor.
You can adjust the temperature using the onboard thermostat. The thermostat presets are accurate and reliable. We like that the unit has a brightly lit on/off switch as well as a removable socket. Moreover, it’s nice to see an appliance that’s backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
The aluminum pots resist sticking. While they are sustainable to dings and dents, they’re quite durable. The GorillaRock’s PET heaters offer consistent, accurate, and even heat. No burnt pieces to spoil your whole batch. You can leave this little tempering machine on for hours.
- 110-volt double pot tempering machine
- Removable melting pots with tempered glass lids and stay-cool handles
- Also, ergonomic stay-cool lid handles for safer taste testing and transfers
- Manual temperature control dial lets you dial in accurately
- Two independent light-up power indicators and a removable power cord
- Two high-capacity aluminum melting tanks ensure that you have enough room for all of your chocolate
- Crafted from durable powder-coated stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic (made to last!)
- Flexible refund policy
- Reports of the thermostat numbers rubbing off after just a few uses
Wilton Candy Melting Pot - Best Small Batch Option
Are you looking for an appliance that’s more suitable for small-batch chocolate tempering? The Wilton Candy Melting pot was meant to be used with Wilton Candy Melts, but we’re sure it would make good use of just about any melting chocolate. The machine can turn 2 to 2 ½ cups of those melting pellets into liquid excellence in 10 minutes or less.
Since the plastic melting pot stays cool to the touch, it’s perfect for use around children and other inexperienced cooks. The melting pot’s wide mouth makes it an excellent candidate for direct dipping. However, the extended handle and dual pour spouts make it super easy for you to transfer melted chocolate. Cleanup is super easy thanks to the melting pot’s removable silicone liner.
- Melt up to 2 1.2 cups of Wilton Candy Melts (or other melting chocolates)
- Dipping chocolate is ready in less than 10 minutes
- Can be used to drizzle and decorate other treats
- Removable silicone insert for easier cleaning
- Vessel boasts two pour spouts and a long heat-resistant handle
- Uses 120 volts of power, no onboard temperature dial
- Outdated aesthetic (purple and white)
- Not suitable for commercial settings
Koolatron CM20 Deluxe Chocolatiere - Most Affordable Set
The Koolatron’s Deluxe Chocolatiere is exactly what you need to need to cope with your newfound obsession with candies and confections. This chocolate tempering machine consists of two melting pots set inside an adjustable heated base. It comes with a complete (100 total pieces) kit of chocolate-making accessories, including drying racks, utensils, molds, ties, foils, and wrappers.
Each melting pot has an 8.8-ounce capacity. The Deluxe Chocolatiere keeps chocolate at the perfect temperature for extended periods. You never have to fret over hardened, burnt, or otherwise ruined batches. The aluminum melting vessels boast stay-cool handles and easy-pour spouts. This makes the Deluxe Chocolatiere a great pick for anyone who enjoys filling chocolate molds or drizzling chocolate.
This Canadian-made chocolate tempering machine is beloved by consumers. You’ll never have to cope with a double-broiler or microwave melting setup again! The chocolate we produced with the Deluxe Chocolatiere set up beatifically. It was perfect for dipping and coating treats. The clever design elements kept us from singing our fingertips and dirtying our counters.
- Two fondue-style melting pots with 8.8-ounce capacities
- Stylish black and red exterior with the cord hidden in the back
- Each melting pot boasts a long, stay-cool handle and two spouts for easier drizzling and pouring
- Comes with an extensive 100-piece collection of chocolate making accessories
- Keeps chocolate warm but does not burn it
- Removable parts for easier cleaning
- Aluminum melting pots are easily dented.
- Slow melting process, requires patience
Good Cooking Chocolate Fondue Maker - Best Chocolate Fondue Set
If chocolate fondue is what you’re after, don’t beat around the bush. Good Cooking’s Chocolate Fondue Maker is a chocolate tempering machine and fondue server all rolled into one. The unit consists of a removable stainless steel melting bowl and a small electric warming base. A white plastic serving tray slides right over the two, giving the tempering machine a party-ready appearance.
We love that the serving tray boasts three small dividers. This makes it easier for users to arrange a variety of dippers. Since the unit comes with four fondue forks, you can be sure that direct dipping is acceptable. The onboard dial lets users easily switch between melting and warming presets. Plus, everything comes apart for easier cleaning at the end of the night.
- A chocolate tempering machine with built-in fondue trays
- Comes with a set of four fondue forks for dipping and drizzling
- Programmed melting and warming settings
- Perfect gift for Valentine’s Day!
- Sleek white and red exterior
- Removable parts for easier cleaning
- Not ideal for pouring and drizzling (no handle)
NutriChef Chocolate Melting Machine - Best for Small-Scale Chocolate Making
The NutriChef Chocolate Melting machine is yet another amazing option for residential confection setups. The set includes a sleek little electric melting unit with a removable melting pot. The melting unit’s rubber feet allow you to place it on just about any countertop or table. It boasts a high-powered heating element and an adjustable thermometer. There are a total of two preset settings, including ones for melting (140 degrees) and warming (109 degrees).
This kit comes with a small collection of accessories that are sure to make your chocolate tempering sessions easier. You get a spatula, draining rack, six adorable chocolate molds, plastic skewers, plastic forks, a spiral utensil, and a flat utensil. The metal pot can hold approximately ½ a pound of chocolate.
This is certainly one of the most versatile chocolate melting machines on your list. You can use it for fondue, chocolate making, and so much. It’s small. However, since it melts chocolate so fast, you should have no trouble making additional batches.
- Gorgeous white plastic exterior that makes it a good candidate for direct dipping
- has warming and melting presets
- 25 watts of power for more efficient confection making sessions
- Aluminum pot with a PET hotplate
- Pot holds approximately 0.55 pounds of chocolate
- Can be used with a variety of foods, including cheese
- A lid is not included with the set.
Nostalgia 8-Ounce Chocolate Fondue Fountain - Best Chocolate Fountain
This drool-inducing chocolate fountain is for coco enthusiasts who are all about direct dipping. The fountain can hold 1.2 pounds of chocolate. But people have said that cheese and even liqueur are acceptable substitutes. The fountain’s milky brown base is always going to be a clear indicator of its original purpose. However, if you’re like us, you’ll be happy to know your purchase could potentially serve other purposes.
The fountain boasts three easy-to-assemble tiers. Melted chocolate is pumped from a heated stainless steel bowl into the tower. An internal auger allows the chocolate to drip down the fountain in one continuous motion. You don’t have to cope with the difficult and messy realities of a pump. Even Willy Wonka would have approved of this lovely display of cascading confection. Once the solid chocolate has been tempered, it can be left alone for hours. The end product is always smooth and slightly shiny. You can use the fountain with a wide range of melting chocolate.
This is certainly one of the best chocolate tempering machines for social occasions. The only thing that we took issue with was the size. It’s small enough that we were able to hold it in one hand!
- Made from chocolate-colored BPA-free plastic and stainless steel
- The unit comes apart for easier cleaning
- Perfect for celebrations
- Allows for direct consumption of expertly melted chocolate and other delicious foods
- Auger-style fountain means no icky, clogged pumps
- Not an authentic chocolate tempering setup
- Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand
Techtongda 6 Pan Commercial Electric Chocolate Melter - Best for Variety
This stainless steel chocolate melting machine is perfect for home chefs and crafters that enjoy working with a wide range of ingredients. The heated vessel contains six individual stainless steel melting pots. Each container has a tightly fitted stainless steel lid with a small notch cut into the side. This subtle yet important design feature allows you to leave a utensil in each vat of chocolate.
All six melting vessels fit into a single heated well. As a result, you are not able to adjust the temperature of each melting pot. There is a digital thermostat on the front of the appliance. This allows you to manually select your target temperature. An automatic shutoff feature enables the machine to main accurate temperatures over long periods.
While this six-pot chocolate tempering station looks as though it belongs in an industrial kitchen, it would make an excellent addition to any home confection station or brunch setup. You might even consider using it as a buffet station or taco bar when you’re not making chocolates.
- Allows you to melt, warm, and temper up to six different kinds of chocolate at once
- Removable power cord and brightly lit power button
- Made of durable and easy-to-clean 304 stainless steel
- Removable stainless steel melting vessels for easier cleaning
- Uniform heat that doesn’t char chocolate
- You can melt chocolate and other ingredients at the same time
- Heats up to a max temperature of 104 degrees (automatic adjustments keep the melting pots from overheating)
- Each melting pot can hold a whopping 4 pounds of chocolate
- All six melting pots must be set to the same temperature
- A bit industrial for regular home cooks
ALDKitchen Chocolate Melting Pot - Best for Crafters
Rounding off our list is this three-pot chocolate melting machine brought to you by the culinary experts at AldKitchen. The small yet reliable kitchen appliance is ripe with possibility. All three tanks share a single temperature control. Together, they can hold several pounds of chocolate. If you’re looking for a durable, high-capacity, user-friendly device, look no further. The AldKitchen melting pots can be used for dipping, pouring, and drizzling. We love that they allow you to work with two different kinds of chocolate at once. There’s no telling what crazy confections you’re going to cook up with this solid setup at your beckoning.
M-style heating tubes ensure that all of the chocolate is subjected to even heating. The tempering machine’s onboard console consists of one adjustable thermostat, a LED power switch, and a set of readiness indicator lights. You can remove the power cord, pots, and lids for a super easy, risk-free cleaning.
- Three high-capacity stainless steel melting pots
- User friendly temperature control system
- M-style heating coils offer consistent heating from one wall to the next
- Allows you to work with a variety of different chocolates
- The machine’s compact design makes it portable and easy to store.
- Unfortunately, the temperature control is located on the side of the tanks.
What to Look for in a Chocolate Tempering Machine
While chocolate tempering machines are fairly straightforward, there are still a few key components you want to look out for while you’re hunting for the right one.
Make sure that the tempering machine you choose has a large enough capacity. These machines can hold anywhere from a few ounces to several pounds of chocolate. High-capacity vessels are perfect for serious chocolatiers.
Keep in mind that some chocolate melting machines have multiple melting pots. These units are an excellent choice for anyone that enjoys making confections out of a variety of chocolates.
Chocolate tempering requires fine-tuned heat. We prefer our tempering machines to have manually control thermostats as well as a few reliable presets. The best chocolate melting machine is going to show you the temperature of the vessel. A mix of knobs, buttons, and digital displays is always nice. However, you’ve got to be sure that the exterior console can be wiped down easily.
If you’re shopping for a young or inexperienced chocolatier, then you’re going to look for a model with just melting and warming presets.
Stainless steel, silicone, and aluminum are workhorse materials. If you’re investing in a high-quality, temperature-controlled machine, you want it to be made of a mix of these elements. This way, you can be sure it’s going to last a long time, and you are going to get your money’s worth.
Someone wise once said that chocolate is happiness that you can eat. If that’s the case, then you might as well call the aforementioned appliance happiness machines. While all of them are sure to make your life a little sweeter, our award for the best chocolate tempering machine goes to The Chocolate Machine. This 80-watt appliance’s adjustable thermostat, dual melting pots, and novel design make it the perfect tool for melting chocolate. Then again, the ChocoVision Rev 2 Chocolate Tempering Machine is definitely the best chocolate melting machine for a commercial setting.
Now that we have your mouth watering, let us know what you’ll be using your chocolate tempering machine to make?