Meguiar’s Scratch X 2.0 Review
Almost every car on the road ends up with light scratches all over the paint surface. Meguiar’s Scratch X 2.0 is designed to help make those marks a thing of the past, restoring the beauty of your vehicle by removing the surface defects.
ScratchX uses an exclusive micro-abrasive system to remove paint surface blemishes quickly and efficiently, leaving a high gloss shine designed to blend in with the rest of the surface’s finish. This means you can have your car sparkling like new with just a little time and attention. And it works on any color, including those with clear coats.
Where Do Paint Surface Scratches Come From?
Scratches on your car happen during regular activities.Anything from opening the door and having your keys impact the surface below the lock to rocks and debris skimming over the surface while you drive to careless pedestrians brushing the sides with a shopping cart can leave light marks on the paint surface.
Another common source of scratches is washing of your vehicle. Regardless of the materials being used, the traditionally circular motions used to soap and scrub the surface option can leave shallow marks based on the path of the cloth or sponge. While you can limit the risk of scratching the surface as you wash your car by using the right proper tools and techniques, once a mark occurs, washing it won’t remove it.
While they aren’t necessarily detrimental to your vehicle, they can be unsightly and may lower your car’s value.
ScratchX removes these blemishes as it swirls over the paint surface, permanently removing the defect instead of just hiding it.The polish compound also leaves a brilliant shine, making the original mark a thing of the past.
Using Meguiar’s Scratch X
Preparing your vehicle before the application of the polishing compound is simple.All you need to do is:
- Gently wash the paint surface
- Rinse thoroughly using clean water
- Dry completely with microfiber towels
Once the surface is prepared, you are ready to begin the scratch and swirl removal process.Make sure you have a good light source directed at the scratches you want to tackle first, as this will help the blemishes be more visible, making them easier to target with the polishing compound.
To apply the ScratchX car care fine polishing compound by hand, follow these simple instructions:
- Dispense a small amount of Meguiar’s Scratch X 2.0 on the foam applicator pad or a clean, 100 percent cotton towel
- Choose a section no larger than a one-foot square, working the compound slowly and gently over the blemishes until it turns clear, applying additional ScratchX as needed until you achieve the desired result
- Use the microfiber towel to remove excess product and residue before it dries
- Move to the next area and repeat
Continue moving from one small area to the next, following the manufacturer’s directions, until all of the defective areas have been thoroughly covered.
If you have scratches on your headlights, you can use Meguiar’s Scratch X 2.0 to remove those as well.Use the same process as you would for painted surfaces, and your ScratchX becomes a headlight scratch remover too.Just make sure you remove the excess before it dries.Otherwise, it can be challenging to remove after the fact.
The versatility of the product makes it ideal for home care detailing jobs, helping your vehicle look it’s best with only a bit of effort and time.For larger jobs, the Meguair’s Scratch X 2.0 can also be used with the Dual Action machine polisher, eliminating the strain associated with manual application.
- Easy preparation
- Actually repairs damage instead of just hiding it
- Creates a lasting shine designed to blend with the rest of the paint surface’s finish
- Works on any paint color
- Compatible with the Dual Action machine polisher
- Deep scratches take a lot of work to remove
- Must be worked and then finished with the microfiber cloth before drying
- Challenging to remove from plastic surfaces once dried
Where to Buy Meguiar’s Scratch X 2.0
Purchasing ScratchX is a fairly easy task.You can choose to buy online through various retailers or directly through the Meguiar’s website.This can be ideal if you prefer to have the polishing compound delivered to your door or if it isn’t in stock locally.
You can also check area stores including Walmart ,AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, allowing you to start on your home vehicle detailing project as soon as possible.